Downstream

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Downstream

Downstream

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Downstream

Good Friends

+4
Splash
ripple
Mica
bubbles
8 posters

Your first subject

Me
    Me

Your first subject - Page 14 Empty Re: Your first subject

Post by Me Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:40 am

I know, Shels, it has been very quiet here. I jujst keep praying for everyone.

It is very - VERY - cold here this morning - 7 degrees. Not looking forward to a five day work week after having the luxury of 2 weeks of four days! I could get used to short weeks - but I remain thankful for having a job and prayerful for those who do not.

Personally, I don't look for things to get better in our country until after the next presidential election - too many people have been offended by Obama and won't co-operate with his suggestions. I believe that God is letting us live with our choice and has lifted His mighty hand from our country. I apologize if my opinion offends any of you, I rarely speak politics. There is something very untrusting about this man, IMO - and I like his wife even less! They 'played' the political game and got themselves into the Whitehouse, now we have to live with that. The health care thing is quite frightening, to me. I see a spending cap for seniors and once that cap has been reached, no more health care. How else can they save money and keep it affordable for everyone? Also true for terminal patients - no matter what age. It breaks my heart!

HOPE - mine is in the Lord God Almighty!
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:43 am

BTW, Shels, have you invited your Mom to join us? I sure would welcome her! Hope you have a great week!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:20 am

Good Morning All - Happy New Year!!!

It's a beautiful sunny morning here with high of 4 and -9 windchill Yowza!! I have been taking a little break from thread myself, but don't want to see it die. I would greatly miss everyone if it did. The news about case has been slow and I tend to run out of things to say, Amazing eh?

My Mom came down with a rotten cold 3-4 days ago and in bringing her soup, gatorade, meds and doing things around the house for her, I ended up getting the crud. Took a nap yesterday afternoon and woke up sneezing my head off. Nose runs like a fawcet and I lost track of how many paper towels I have gone through. Ugg!! I won't complain, because I have been lucky so far. After talking to Dy yesterday I am thankful I don't have the crud she has... Hope you feel better real soon Dy!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda - I was glad to see that you decided to come back this morning.. It wouldn't be the same without you here..

I am hoping that after people take breaks from the thread for a while, that all will come back eventually. It is a place we can all come and share things with each other when we want to. I think we all care a lot about each other and would ultimately miss each other if it wasn't in existence anymore. I can only speak for myself granted. So will just say, that I would greatly miss it and the contact with everyone.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
    Love you all Your first subject - Page 14 194413
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Sue, hope you are feeling better! Also sorry that your mom has been fighting it.

Dy, girl, you been fighting this awhile! I sure hope the doctors have a handle on it and that you are on your way back from it.

Don't reckon anyone's heard from Mad?
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 am

Casey Anthony Gets Special Holiday Meal

Posted: 11:07 am EST January 1, 2010

Comment On This Story ››ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony along with the other Orange County jail inmates will get a special holiday dinner Friday.

Casey and the other inmates will enjoy glazed turkey or ham, Au gratin potatoes, pinto beans, bread and butter and juice.

Also, for dessert she will get devil's food cake.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22104914/detail.html

The cake is very fitting LOL
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:33 am

Me wrote:Sue, hope you are feeling better! Also sorry that your mom has been fighting it.

Dy, girl, you been fighting this awhile! I sure hope the doctors have a handle on it and that you are on your way back from it.

Don't reckon anyone's heard from Mad?

Thank you Linda.. Hope the work day is a smooth one for you. I am off yet today taking vacation.
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks, Sue, it wasn't a bad day at all. So very bitter cold, though - and I know it is for you also.
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:47 pm

You are right about the cake, Sue! Good one!
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Well, we have the big winter weather warning out already for tomorrow evening through Friday. The stores are crammed with rude people! I just might be taking a vacation day on Thursday, that's the day it is supposed to be the worse.

Bet you have similar warnings, huh, Sue? I need some old fashion snuggies! Not the backwards thing that seems so popular just now, the real snuggies! I needs me some!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:40 pm

Me wrote:Well, we have the big winter weather warning out already for tomorrow evening through Friday. The stores are crammed with rude people! I just might be taking a vacation day on Thursday, that's the day it is supposed to be the worse.

Bet you have similar warnings, huh, Sue? I need some old fashion snuggies! Not the backwards thing that seems so popular just now, the real snuggies! I needs me some!

Hi Linda - Just heard that on the news that it will be a rerun of the storm that just moved through yours and my parts. Just 40 min West of me got 3 foot of snow and they are the ones under the warning again as well you you. It is just skirting past me (the snow anyway) and going north to south.

Stay warm Linda and be careful.. Hope you do take Thursday off it is going to be that bad there. Have a good night and nice day tomorrow.
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Casey's Attorney Releases 'Angel Of Death Row' Book

Posted: 5:55 pm EST January 5, 2010Updated: 6:39 pm EST January 5, 2010

Comment On This Story ››ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s high-profile death penalty attorney kicked-off the sale of her new book Tuesday.

Eyewitness News followed Andrea Lyon through each court hearing as she worked to build a defense that can save Casey Anthony from the death penalty for the murder of her daughter Caylee Marie Anthony.

Lyon's new book, "Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer," which doesn't focus on the Anthony case, is now heading to store shelves. The book explores Lyon’s first case in which she defends a mother accused of murdering her child.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22143267/detail.html
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:57 am

I have no plans to buy that book, nor borrow it from the library... not interested in defense of mothers who kill their babies.

Be careful out there, Sue! It is so cold! Have a good day and know that you are blessed! It helps to know that God loves us, no matter what!
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Shels, please know that I am praying for you! I have been for awhile and I was truly hoping that things had gotten better for you.

I will not comment on your FB page. You can come here and let it go and it will stay here. I love you and I sure do miss you! Feel free to call me - 317-947-0229 if you need to talk to someone. I won't offer advice, but I will listen and pray.

I'm thinking tonight that tomorrow might be a great day for a vacation day! All that blustery snow and stuff could be dangerous not only on the way to work, but worse on the way home, because that's when most of the snow is supposed to hit. But, I love my Hoosier State!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi Mish, So sorry your going through a tough time. I am aways here too if you need someone to talk to. Hang in their girl. Thinking about you and Love ya
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Me wrote:I have no plans to buy that book, nor borrow it from the library... not interested in defense of mothers who kill their babies.

Be careful out there, Sue! It is so cold! Have a good day and know that you are blessed! It helps to know that God loves us, no matter what!

Hi Linda,
    I have absolutely no plans to touch that book either.. Mad me mad when I saw the article regarding it..

I am hoping the weather doesn't get as bad as they are saying, but it is sounding like it is going to. I'd stay home tomorrow too if I could. You would be wise to if you can. Stay safe and warm..
    Splash
    Splash

Post by Splash Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 am

Pixie wrote:Hello, just droppin in to say hi and hope all is well...I wouldn't buy that woman's book for nuttin!!

Well, I got A LOT to work out friends...going through what feels like way more than I can handle...I hope there'll be light by the middle of this tunnel.

Please don't post anyhting regarding this post on my facebook...I want things kept private to certain folks on my friends list...you know...
    Feels like the lowest has come and I don't know what to do, My kids are feeling so hurt and it kills me. I know I have to be strong and the strength for them...inside I am dying. It feels like there's no answer, but I know there is in the end.
    Will everything be ok when it gets this way? Tomorrow will be better I hope.
    Awww Mish I was so hoping things were working themselves out....My heart goes out to you and you know that we are all here to help you by just letting you vent...Linda is right what goes on the thread stays with the thread....you are loved here and we will listen and be here for you....and of course I am always here for you....Love you...
    Splash
    Splash

Post by Splash Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 am

Me wrote:Shels, please know that I am praying for you! I have been for awhile and I was truly hoping that things had gotten better for you.

I will not comment on your FB page. You can come here and let it go and it will stay here. I love you and I sure do miss you! Feel free to call me - 317-947-0229 if you need to talk to someone. I won't offer advice, but I will listen and pray.

I'm thinking tonight that tomorrow might be a great day for a vacation day! All that blustery snow and stuff could be dangerous not only on the way to work, but worse on the way home, because that's when most of the snow is supposed to hit. But, I love my Hoosier State!

Linda I think Thursday would be a great day for a vacation....make you a pot of soup or the mexican chicken and stay warm....We will be in the 20's in the morning....pretty cool for us....but thank God we are warm and have food....I also wanted to thank you for being a good friend....been thinking about a lot of things lately....everything will either work out or they won't but I will be here....LOL...yep I admit it I am a moosh!!!!!! Love ya!!!!!
    Splash
    Splash

Post by Splash Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:29 am

ripple wrote:
    Me wrote:I have no plans to buy that book, nor borrow it from the library... not interested in defense of mothers who kill their babies.

Hi Linda,
    I have absolutely no plans to touch that book either.. Mad me mad when I saw the article regarding it..

I am hoping the weather doesn't get as bad as they are saying, but it is sounding like it is going to. I'd stay home tomorrow too if I could. You would be wise to if you can. Stay safe and warm..
    Hey Sis....I will not be reading the book at all...we already know way to much about this person and the case....I am ready for the trial and hope and pray that she does not walk...I hope your day tomorrow is a good one...I couldn't go to sleep so I am posting here...catching up a bit..ya know....well Judy will be here in the morning....no more sleeping late for me....see ya tomorrow night Sis....love ya lots....
    Splash
    Splash

Post by Splash Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:34 am

Sorry friends....forgot to tell you that Mad is ok....he is sick again but seems to be doing well with it....he has the home health care again so they are staying on top of things....I have been fussing at him for the smoking...so far it has not done any good.

And one more thing if I might...My Sister's Father in Law found out he has stage 4 lung cancer...plus the cancer is in his bones and other places....Chemo is not available for him...he can have radiation to make it more comfortable to breathe.....Just please add him to your prayers please....I would greatly appreciate it....
    Ok I am gone this time....love you all...Hugs!!!!!
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:55 am

So good to see you, De! I will pray for your sister's father in law and the family!

Yepper! Vacation day happening for me! It is snowing and blowing, not much on the ground, yet - but, 'they' say the worse is yet to come. Roads should be good in the morning. I'll crank Monte up and do some shoveling - put down more salt - later in the afternoon. So thankful to have the option of taking a vacation day!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi Sis - Good to see you back!!! Your first subject - Page 14 Icon_cheers Hope you and Mom are having a good day and keeping warm there. Thanks for the update on Mad. I didn't realize he had home healthcare there again. Hope he gets better soon. Talk to ya later on.
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Me wrote:So good to see you, De! I will pray for your sister's father in law and the family!

Yepper! Vacation day happening for me! It is snowing and blowing, not much on the ground, yet - but, 'they' say the worse is yet to come. Roads should be good in the morning. I'll crank Monte up and do some shoveling - put down more salt - later in the afternoon. So thankful to have the option of taking a vacation day!

Hi Linda, Good to hear you stayed home. The roads here are terrible!! Going to work this morning was one scarey ride to say the least!! Myself and about 6 other cars were traveling together going very slow and just taking it easy. The light changed and we started slowing down long before the intersection, but we all hit a patch of ice and not one of us could stop and were sliding all over the place. How we missed each other I will never know. I shutter to think if the light didn't change and we were not already slowing down it would have been a disaster hitting that spot going a little faster.

Up beyon that intersection around a bend there was an accident and a guy was killed. They were cutting him out of the car with the jaws of life and all but one lane in either direction was blocked off. Same thing, he hit a patch of ice around the bend and slid right into a truck coming from the other direction.

I was talking to a coworker who takes same route as I do and came in 5 min after me. The exact same intersection I was almost in a wreck in, he was stopped at the light and his truck was sliding sideways towards the curb, that was at a standstill mind you.

Needless to say it was not getting any better out as the morning went on and only getting worse. I took the afternoon off to get home while the getting was good.

Take care Linda and be safe..
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:54 pm

happy thursday, you snow gals be so very careful...
    want to take kids to snow in tahoe this weekend but i m feeling yulk with sore throat...it's so cold, wet & gloomy...
    well, this morn. walked out the door with wallet, cell phone & NO keys, locked us out , so we were stuck in garage until edwin came to let us in...Isaac was 30 mins. late..
    then a few moments ago coming back from taking Lyssie to school, a squirrel ran in front of me, I swirved, almost hit a parked car...it was a loud sound but the little booger ran off...hope he isn't suffering in pain...and I sure hope my car won't smell like a dead body...
    so many squirrels getting hit lately it seems...i thought that went on more in June. LOL
    thanks sweet gals for your kind thouhgts...I have your #'s...just trying to keep calm and let things work out as each step comes...things are ok and was last night...better than night before...sorry, for my dreery post...had a moment...
    my little one's are my only concern...I will protect their feelings until the end of my time on this earth.
    was changing calenders...can't believe it's been almost a year since caylee's memorial serv., about time she receives justice.
    love you all and will be back soon...going to lay down.
    xox
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Want to send my thoughts & prayers to MADDY...

Stay warm everyone!!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Mish, you poor girl.. Doesn't sound like you had a very good morning.. Not a whole lot you can do when the little critters dart out infront of you. If it ran off, it's most likely alright.

Sorry to hear you have a sore throat and not feeling good. Sure hope you get to feeling better real soon. I'm still fighting a cold, but it's getting better slow but sure.

Take care Mish and have a great rest of the day..
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Sue, I'm glad you got home safely! It is gonna be bad in the morning, too, but at least we won't have the snow falling - it will be just blowing around.

I'm praying, Shels!
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:47 pm

I feel the prayers GL...truly I do...never can thank you enough...all of you have brought so much to my heart.
    The weather everywhere is freezin...can't believe Fl., did ya'll see the fence with icelces from sprinklers in Fl.? Amazing!!
    I am freezin wiuth clothes, boots, and a big 'ole robe on...too cold to be sick.
    BUUUURRRRR!!!! Be safe in the mornings friends...everytime out right now...

BTW, did Dale & dy leave here ? :(
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Casey's Attorney: "I'm Scared For My Client”

Posted: 1:10 pm EST January 7, 2010Updated: 6:51 pm EST January 7, 2010

Comment On This Story ››ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s death penalty attorney, who is an expert on death penalty cases, admitted on national television that she doubts a jury will clear Casey of her daughter's murder. Anthony's defense attorney went on a morning show again Thursday morning, talking about how the amount of publicity will prevent Casey from getting a fair trial.

“I'm scared for my client. I'm afraid that the fact that she's been pilloried in the press. I would liken this Meredith, to the Salem witch trials,” Lyon told Meredith Viera on the Today Show.

BILL SHEAFFER: Talks About Defense Team
    VIDEO REPORT: Attorney Goes On National TV
    SLIDESHOW: Casey With Caylee

Defense attorney Andrea Lyon says she will keep trying to get the death penalty off the table, but she stumbled over her words when she said Casey didn't kill her daughter Caylee Anthony.

“It does put a lot of pressure on a defendant to plea bargain even when they didn't, when they didn't do it. She didn't kill her kid,” Lyon said.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer (interview) says the evidence is what it is and that people have a right not to believe that Casey had good reason for not reporting her daughter missing for 30 days and to also not to believe her inconsistent story about leaving Caylee with a nanny who's never been identified.

"Quit whining and get to the defense of this case. The evidence is, the facts are what the facts are. If that is tried before a jury in Orlando, Tampa, New York City, or Timbuktu, the jurors are going to form their opinion based upon their view of that evidence," Sheaffer said.

Lyon has tried more than 130 homicide cases, defended more than 30 potential capital cases and taken 19 people through the penalty phase and, so far, she's won them all. However, Thursday, Lyon admitted she's not optimistic about her client’s chances.

"There’s always a presumption of guilt and the intense media scrutiny here, as far as I can see, has made it virtually impossible to get a fair trial and we’re rolling an even bigger stone up a bigger hill than you normally are," Lyon said.

Lyon seemed also to be doing damage control after Eyewitness News exposed her comments that female prosecutors are manly and that jurors on death penalty cases are killers, as she tries to sell her new book.

Andrea Lyon repeated the defense's mantra that the public won't find out until the trial why Casey is innocent, but, Sheaffer says, if they really had something convincing that could spring Casey from jail they would have brought it forward by now.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22172906/detail.html
    cobbles

Post by cobbles Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Happy New Year everyone. I am sorry I haven't been around. It had been so long that I almost forgot my password but got it on the third try.

I hope you are all OK although reading back just a couple pages I can see that things are changing for some and not always for the good, though perhaps ultimately, some of those changes may actually be for the best. I just wish you all a healthy, prosperous, but most of all happy new year.
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer (interview) says the evidence is what it is and that people have a right not to believe that Casey had good reason for not reporting her daughter missing for 30 days and to also not to believe her inconsistent story about leaving Caylee with a nanny who's never been identified.

"Quit whining and get to the defense of this case. The evidence is, the facts are what the facts are. If that is tried before a jury in Orlando, Tampa, New York City, or Timbuktu, the jurors are going to form their opinion based upon their view of that evidence," Sheaffer said.

See he gets it..
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:12 pm

cobbles wrote:Happy New Year everyone. I am sorry I haven't been around. It had been so long that I almost forgot my password but got it on the third try.

I hope you are all OK although reading back just a couple pages I can see that things are changing for some and not always for the good, though perhaps ultimately, some of those changes may actually be for the best. I just wish you all a healthy, prosperous, but most of all happy new year.

Cobbles - So GREAT to see you Your first subject - Page 14 Icon_cheers I sure hope your Christmas and New Years was a nice one.

Things have been a little slow here lately, but the news has been slow too. Some just taking a break and others busy with other things right now. Some have been not feeling well either. It's a mix of things right now.

It is great to see you Cobbles.. Hope to see you here more often.
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Pixie wrote:I feel the prayers GL...truly I do...never can thank you enough...all of you have brought so much to my heart.
    The weather everywhere is freezin...can't believe Fl., did ya'll see the fence with icelces from sprinklers in Fl.? Amazing!!
    I am freezin wiuth clothes, boots, and a big 'ole robe on...too cold to be sick.
    BUUUURRRRR!!!! Be safe in the mornings friends...everytime out right now...

BTW, did Dale & dy leave here ? :(

It's freezing everywhere Mish.. I saw your comment on FB about needing some Sun. Wow, it has been a long time since I have seen it myself and when I have, it has not stayed out for very long at all. Hope your keeping warm there Mish and hopefully we will see the sun very soon.

In regard to your question - Not sure if they have left? I hope they havent and hope they come back real soon.

Take care Mish.. Catch up with you tomorrow if your here.
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:59 am

Jaime! So good to 'see' you! Praying that all is well with you, my friend!

Went out and cleared the drifts from Monte last evening and cleaned the walk, put down some salt. Looking out the window this morning, I see a light covering on Monte and it looks like drifting is bad. I'm going to work today, have to stay on the main streets, no short cuts, some of the side roads may be drifted too deep.

Hope you all are safe and warm! Oh, to see the sun!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi All - Happy Friday!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the day. The sun came out for about 30 min and now the gloomy clouds are back. It was nice to see if for the short time I did though. The roads were still crummy when I went to work this morning, but now they are mostly wet in the driving lanes and turn lanes still snowy. It's a start though..

Supposed to be another cold blast coming in late tonight, getting down to 6 degree's and more snow along with it. I don't know about you all, but I'm tired of Winter already. I can't wait until Spring arrives!!! Unfortunately I have a long wait for that yet. Ah, but each day it gets a smidge closer.

Hope everyone has a great day and is keeping safe n warm..
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:45 pm

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22174302/detail.html

Letter an inmate wrote to Judge Strickland about Casey. Can't copy the letter because it goes right to a PDF file and shows the letter (you can almost read it). Spelling is something LOL. He spells High as in getting high "Hi".
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Casey's Ex, Jesse Grund, Objects To Motion

Posted: 3:43 pm EST January 7, 2010Updated: 3:56 pm EST January 7, 2010

Comment On This Story ››ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s former fiance is fighting a motion from her defense team to get more of his cell phone records.

READ: Grund Objects To Motion

Casey's defense team wants records of Jesse Grund’s telephone usage from March 2008 through February 2009.

Grund's attorney says that's unreasonable (read objection). Grund already provided cell phone records between June and July 2008 to investigators, which is the time period that Caylee Anthony disappeared.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22174986/detail.html
    cobbles

Post by cobbles Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Thank you so much for the nice greetings - I should have stuck around after posting but thought I had an empty room here!

Nice to see everyone and I hope all are warm and OK. I remember Mad and Nana's neighbor had such a hard time when it got cold last year, I hope that is not the case this year and that everyone's families are looking out for them as they should be.

I am installing a woodstove tomorrow and can't wait to get the house HOT!
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:56 am

Good idea with the wood stove, Jaime! I have fond memories of our family having one in the kitchen of our huge house when we were growing up. Mom used to cook on it - oh my! - I am salivating thinking of how good it was! We used throw away barrel staves from Seagrams - where my dad worked. They were free and boy did they generate some heat! I am so thankful for those memories!
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:03 am

I have no clue what is going on with all of you. I know some of you are involved with some virtual games that consume a lot of time. It seems that you would at least pop in here from time to time to let us know you are well. A lot of love and caring/sharing has gone into this thread and it seems sad to just let it die. I really thought we were all friends but if someone can just walk away and not even let us know what is going on in their lives, I guess I was wrong. I keep coming back, not even sure why, except that I do look forward to seeing posts from the few that have taken the time to venture in. Making friends is not easy for me. It takes time, thoughtful effort and sharing of one's heart to make friends. I thought that all of us were that, we have all invested time and prayers for each other here. So, ya just walk away from that?
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Not sure either Linda?? I did some reading on the old thread last night (OW3) where most of us came from. It was clear to me last night who had the stronger bond between each other (the very people we chose to leave). They still care about each other and still focus on the case(s) that brought everyone together to begin with. They still find time to be together daily/nightly.

I care about everyone here and will always consider all of you as a friend. I am hoping everyone finds what they are looking for in life and that when they find it, are truly happy. Take good care All.. I will always have a special place in my heart for each of you.
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Splash
    Splash

Post by Splash Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:10 pm

When people share experiences together, and then they must part, there is a feeling of sadness. Saying goodbye to people that we feel connected to is an occasion of somber reflection. It is hard to imagine our lives without them, and yet we have no choice but to go on. It is comforting to know that for however long you will be separated that you will always be in each other's hearts. It is also an opportunity to be more present to others in your life and to look for opportunities to form new friendships.

Source: Goodbye Poems - Poems about Goodbyes http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/sad/goodbye-poems.asp#ixzz0cAuADZS0
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:32 am

Ok, I guess it is over. Dale, you begged all of us just a short while ago to not let this thread die. It is going down for the third time and where are you?
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:35 am

Sue, would you email to me the link for OW3? I deleted it from my bookmarks when I left there and now would like to venture back to see what's happening. Thanks!
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:14 pm

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/orlando-fl/T4UHQV6DMIUFOA9C5

GL, this is link to thread...been sick & honestly haven't been to thread the lastr couple of days simply because nobody is here...I will zip my lips but feel confused.
    Perhaps we can join a thread together with case...although I wouldn't rejoin OW...probably wouldn't be welcomed there...will search for one.
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Yeah, I won't go back there, either, Shels. I admit I tried but the darn thing was so slow in loading, I got impatient and said to heck with it. Guess I'll see what else is there.
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Me wrote:Yeah, I won't go back there, either, Shels. I admit I tried but the darn thing was so slow in loading, I got impatient and said to heck with it. Guess I'll see what else is there.
    I just emailed you...
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 am

Thanks Shels - I'll check it out...

Hope you are feeling better and have a great Monday!
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 pm

I am taking Cesar to my Mom's neighbor on Wed., the couple works with an awesome animal rescue organization...they are against SPCA...and only find the best of homes...feel sad but excited in some ways to have our lives & home back to the way we like...be able to eat in pece...have my pretty things sitting around again...and know a paper or blanket won't be gulped in a split second...
    He ran from me to the street the other night, liked to have had a heart attack...just other stuff...
    It breaks my heart and dread saying good bye, but it is best for him & us...I'm not as active as he needs either...
    Life will better for everyone & most of all, Cesar. This is hard but ... he has a long life ahead...
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Still very sick, terrible chest cold...it's cold, gloomy & I'm tired of being sick....
    Wondering how Maddy is doing...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:43 am