Downstream

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Downstream

Downstream

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Downstream

Good Friends

+4
Splash
ripple
Mica
bubbles
8 posters

Your first subject

ripple
    ripple

Your first subject - Page 9 Empty Re: Your first subject

Post by ripple Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:17 pm

ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

This guy is so crazy he is funny!!
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:03 am

I've come to the conclusion that Josiah is bashful - when we all began to sing 'Happy Birthday' to him, he slid down in his chair and curled up in a ball. Then, he got down and ran off to hide from us! The number 3 candle had to be removed before he would blow out the candles - he insists that he is still 2. He enjoyed the rest of the day though, once the he was no longer the center of attention. He does not want it to be all about him. There was a housefull of people, and I think it overwhelmed him. But he did curl up with me and watch "Spirit", his favorite movie about a wild horse. He's worn out 2 copies of it and I got him a new one, along with another movie. I guess we can learn a lot from those pure and innocent hearts!

Have a great day, everyone! I'm excited about this week - the project is coming to a close!
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Howdy!! Well, first off...I miss you ALL!!!! Gradually getting back to normal routine.
    Hope all is well...we are happy here in Sacramento...got snow this morning!! We are close to the cities that are higher elevated...I am hoping for flakes throughout the day...Our school was a go this morning...but many others closed...it's very cold...and under winter storm warning.
    My potted plants were pretty ... with all the snow covered in them.
    This is really odd here...but sure makes it feel like the holidays.

I have been gone...Mom in law stayed the weekend...cooked for hours on Sat., took her to her new grandbaby's home last night. The parents are very tired...little Evan is doing great...but is having late procedure done tomorrow...better now than later though.
    Isaac is playing games, just got so many going...LOL...I don't know how he keeps up...
    Happy Birthday to your baby Grandma :)
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:06 pm

So good to see you, Shels! Glad to hear that the little guy is doing well - hope the procedure goes as expected and he flourishes!

It was really slickery going to work this morning - snow had melted and re-froze, making it really like an ice rink. But, I made it to work safe and sound - Thank YOU, Lord!

Monte is really fearful of the ice, especially since he was attacked by that darn electrical pole a couple of years ago. Poor guy, he goes though and waits for me to come back home - LoL!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Pixie wrote:Howdy!! Well, first off...I miss you ALL!!!! Gradually getting back to normal routine.
    Hope all is well...we are happy here in Sacramento...got snow this morning!! We are close to the cities that are higher elevated...I am hoping for flakes throughout the day...Our school was a go this morning...but many others closed...it's very cold...and under winter storm warning.
    My potted plants were pretty ... with all the snow covered in them.
    This is really odd here...but sure makes it feel like the holidays.

I have been gone...Mom in law stayed the weekend...cooked for hours on Sat., took her to her new grandbaby's home last night. The parents are very tired...little Evan is doing great...but is having late procedure done tomorrow...better now than later though.
    Isaac is playing games, just got so many going...LOL...I don't know how he keeps up...
    Happy Birthday to your baby Grandma :)

Hi Mish - We have missed you too and it is great to see you as always. Sounds like you have been very busy lately.. So good to hear Evin is doing well.. Hope you will share pics of him some time. Hope everything is going well Mish..
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:59 pm

Me wrote:So good to see you, Shels! Glad to hear that the little guy is doing well - hope the procedure goes as expected and he flourishes!

It was really slickery going to work this morning - snow had melted and re-froze, making it really like an ice rink. But, I made it to work safe and sound - Thank YOU, Lord!

Monte is really fearful of the ice, especially since he was attacked by that darn electrical pole a couple of years ago. Poor guy, he goes though and waits for me to come back home - LoL!

LOL Linda - I think Nellie is fearful of the ice too Your first subject - Page 9 194413 Did you hear what is headed in our direction? Ugggg.. Not sure if the storm will hit your state or not, but I would bet it is going to hit parts of it.. Good to hear your project is wrapping up at work. I have high hopes that your contract will be renewed as well. Hope your work week is a nice one for you.
    bubbles
    bubbles

Post by bubbles Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Good Evening Everyone....glad to be here....lord, my body haas been so tired lately, but doing better today.
    Mishy, so glad u were here and i am glad ur getting back to normal!
    Linda, ur little grand sounds so cute!
    BB, love ya.....been busy on games, and crashed early last nite so dodn't get back to ya, sorry!
    De honey..hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! miss ya!
    Dy, I hope u have rested up. and having a great italian dinner!
    bubbles
    bubbles

Post by bubbles Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:12 pm

Hay blizzard warnings in Ali's home state..Arizona..Wow!
    Mishy, u get snow before we do, what is that? Up around Boston there is snow, but the ocean keeps the snow away, but we will eventually get it.
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:19 pm

Howdy All - Hope everyone had a great day...

Today was a good day at work and I was finally able to just focus on my job and girls that I am backing up. The other folks were all back to work and fully staffed again.. Less directions to be pulled in constantly all day long.

An Engineer was busting his bunns to get an instrument finnished up last week with in-house QC, so we could ship it out on Friday to CA. We have time restrainst attached to it, because of what all has to be done after it is delivered. I got a phone call today that the truck driver that is hauling to CA has been pulled off the road due to weather conditions out that way. The police closed down Donners pass due to weather and all the slide off's, so he is stuck and can't proceed any further. Required to put chains on wheels for when it is opened back up to proceed on. Well, nothing I can do about Mother nature and how it affects others schedules. An engineer said he would fly out Thursday if needed to complete the install. I said that it was a very commendable thought, but good luck getting out of here, when we are due to have Blizzard like conditions. I said we will take things as the come and plan accordingly once we know when the road is opened back up for truck driver to proceed on. No sense trying to make plans, when you don't know certain parts that greatly affect the plan upfront. Wasted time and effort IMO..

Well anyway, all that crud is heading our way. Wednesday we are supposed to have freezing rain during the day and Thursday/Friday 50 MPH winds, highs in single digits and lots of snow.. They said upwards of 10 -12"+. Oh joy!! I sure am glad I paid my snow plow guy yesterday for the year.
    bubbles
    bubbles

Post by bubbles Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Pixie

Post by Pixie Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Will try to be back in a bit...got to get all in order & put away much laundry...
    Just wanted to say hi this eve...it has gotten colder...so hopefully tonight will bring tons of snow!!!
    I am lovin this!!!! And I love you all too :)
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Grandma ~ Be safe!!!! ;)
    bubbles
    bubbles

Post by bubbles Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:35 pm

Tiger-Woods
    Orlando woman claims affair with Tiger Woods
    Updated: Monday, 07 Dec 2009, 1:27 PM EST
    Published : Monday, 07 Dec 2009, 12:58 PM EST
    (WOFL FOX 35)- Another alleged mistress has come forward in the Tiger Woods saga. 31-year-old Cory Rist has retained Orlando attorney Brad Conway. Conway represents accused child killer Casey Anthony's parents, George and Cindy. Cory Rist is a model who lives in New York City. She retained Conway over the weekend.
    (snipped
    Lord......they r even connected......just too much!
    bubbles
    bubbles

Post by bubbles Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:39 pm

This will piss u off!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:40 pm

LB - I am so sorry.. On phone with my friend Cindi, who's Dad has cancer really bad, where Chemo will not work. BB as soon as I can. She needs someone to talk to right now.
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:59 pm

ripple wrote:LB - I am so sorry.. On phone with my friend Cindi, who's Dad has cancer really bad, where Chemo will not work. BB as soon as I can. She needs someone to talk to right now.

My friend Cindi's Dad went in for surgery early last week and surgeons opened him up and closed him right back up. He has Pancratic cancer that has spread to other areas. Chemo and Radiation will not work at this point and only buy him an extra month if that. They are trying to get his affairs in order and funeral arrangements made while he is still able to. I will only be a matter of time, as hospice has been called in at this point. I feel so bad for her.. I have been there as some of you have and it is a plain hard thing to go through. I needed to be there for Cindi and will be any time she needs me, to talk to or help her how ever I can. She's a good friend and I won't let her down...
    Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:18 pm

good evening here and saying hi reading back...
    Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:07 pm

ripple wrote:Howdy All - Hope everyone had a great day...

Today was a good day at work and I was finally able to just focus on my job and girls that I am backing up. The other folks were all back to work and fully staffed again.. Less directions to be pulled in constantly all day long.

An Engineer was busting his bunns to get an instrument finnished up last week with in-house QC, so we could ship it out on Friday to CA. We have time restrainst attached to it, because of what all has to be done after it is delivered. I got a phone call today that the truck driver that is hauling to CA has been pulled off the road due to weather conditions out that way. The police closed down Donners pass due to weather and all the slide off's, so he is stuck and can't proceed any further. Required to put chains on wheels for when it is opened back up to proceed on. Well, nothing I can do about Mother nature and how it affects others schedules. An engineer said he would fly out Thursday if needed to complete the install. I said that it was a very commendable thought, but good luck getting out of here, when we are due to have Blizzard like conditions. I said we will take things as the come and plan accordingly once we know when the road is opened back up for truck driver to proceed on. No sense trying to make plans, when you don't know certain parts that greatly affect the plan upfront. Wasted time and effort IMO..

Well anyway, all that crud is heading our way. Wednesday we are supposed to have freezing rain during the day and Thursday/Friday 50 MPH winds, highs in single digits and lots of snow.. They said upwards of 10 -12"+. Oh joy!! I sure am glad I paid my snow plow guy yesterday for the year.
    Goodness ! What a dilemma! Saw the bad weather in Michigan you sure are getting it this week
    Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 pm

Pixie wrote:Will try to be back in a bit...got to get all in order & put away much laundry...
    Just wanted to say hi this eve...it has gotten colder...so hopefully tonight will bring tons of snow!!!
    I am lovin this!!!! And I love you all too :)
    Hi!
    Your avatar melts me. Love it!
    Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Your first subject - Page 9 458434 Love Mr. Bean! Your first subject - Page 9 Icon_cheers Your first subject - Page 9 645541
    Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:35 am

ripple wrote:
    Adorable! Thanks Rip!
    Your first subject - Page 9 860155
    Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:57 am

Going top find a song before I hit the hay
    Your first subject - Page 9 94898
    Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:14 am

..brings back so many memoriesOh how I loved Donald Duck and all the Disney characters...guess I still do!. Your first subject - Page 9 97248
    Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:18 am

Your first subject - Page 9 73586
    Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:29 am

Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:46 am

From Ribbon Your first subject - Page 9 36104
    Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:48 am

Mica
    Mica

Post by Mica Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:31 am

One of my favorite songs ...and especially her story prepping the song.
    Reminds me of Shels and her growing up as a southern girl.....dedicating it to her.
    Another tidbit... Andy Griffith is Nancy's Dad.
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:27 am

Guess I'll have to hold on to my hat today - wait! I don't wear hats, my head is too small! Windy with gusts up to 60 mph until tomorrow am. It is blowing in that stuff from the west - not a good way to start the winter, IMO. Hope I can keep Monte on the road.

Praying for your friend, Cindi, Sue - and her family.

Hope all of you stay safe and keep warm - that might be a challenge!

I'm going to change my avatar to a picture of Josiah eating daddy's birthday cake - he is looking at me when Sue took this picture - he is precious!
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Man! The wind and the cold, cold rain! Just a few degrees lower and it will be freezing rain - ugh! We've got the bad stuff coming and I don't want it. Where is the global warming? Great weather to cuddle with your body pillow!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Me wrote:Man! The wind and the cold, cold rain! Just a few degrees lower and it will be freezing rain - ugh! We've got the bad stuff coming and I don't want it. Where is the global warming? Great weather to cuddle with your body pillow!

Hi Linda, Yep it's about to knock on our doorstep here too in a couple hours. It was windy and cold out today, but nothing like what is coming. They were just saying on TV that the storm is now colliding with a warm front coming up from the south/cold front coming down from the north and intensifying in both winds and precipitation. Supposed to get freezing rain starting around midnight along with the high winds and gradually turn over to snow tomorrow. You and I are gonna have a fun time in the morning. Reminds me of the song "slip sliding away" LOL.. Be very careful tomorrow Linda..
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi Everyone - Hope everyone is doing well today.

I got my Christmas present to myself today Yahoo.. My brother picked up my new toilet from Lowes and put it in my livingroom. It was sitting there when I got home from work. I was trying to drag that big box to a back room to get it out of the way, wasn't easy but I got it. He's going to put it in this weekend I believe. I didn't want him to put it in today, in case something went wrong. I can't go with out one and didn't want to have to move to my Mom's after work. The weekend will be a better time to do it.

Other than that the day went well.. Just hunkered down for the night and will see what this storm decides to do. Have my flashlights handy in case we lose power and charging up my lantern, which throws a lot of light. We'll just take things as they come and deal with them from there.
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:54 am

It is 43 degrees! Uh-oh.... it is downhill from here! I can hear the wind and rain hitting the windows. Temps are supposed to drop throughout the day and the rain change to snow or maybe sleet and freezing rain this afternoon. Oh well, I owe! I owe! It's off to work I go!

Be safe Sue, may God keep you protected!
    bubbles
    bubbles

Post by bubbles Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:11 am

OMG.....BB and Linda must be in BIG trouble!!! Oh BB, don't drive in thay stuff! We r on;y getting a lot of rain and wind!
    'Extremely dangerous' blizzards move into Midwest

By MELANIE S. WELTE, AP
    29 minutes ago
    Loading... Share No Thanks Must Read?Thank YouYes 745

//

Your first subject - Page 9 902b-APTOPIX-Winter-Storm
    Students brave the snow on the campus of the University of Nebraska-Omaha, i...

• Digg
    • Del…
    • Your first subject - Page 9 Dailynews_brick

DES MOINES, Iowa — A fierce winter storm was leaving dangerous ice, heavy snow and vicious winds in its wake as it slogged eastward early Wednesday, threatening to wreak havoc on morning commuters across the Upper Midwest before crawling into New England.
      More than a foot of snow was expected in parts of Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa, where the National Weather Service warned of "extremely dangerous blizzard conditions." Wind gusts of up to 50 mph could create snow drifts of 8 to 15 feet.
      "Anybody traveling (Wednesday) morning is really taking a huge risk I would say — a risk of being stranded and not having anybody be able to help you for 6 or 12 hours, probably," said Karl Jungbluth, a weather service meteorologist in Johnston, Iowa.
      Blizzard warnings also covered eastern Nebraska, northeastern Kansas and southern Minnesota early Wednesday.
      Parts of New England girded themselves for bone-chilling wind gusts and snow accumulations of up to a foot by Wednesday afternoon.
      The storm, which pounded the West with rain, wind and snow earlier this week, may affect as much as two-thirds of the country by the time it moves off the Maine coast Thursday night, said Jim Lee, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Des Moines.
      "It's a monster of a storm," Lee said.
      Maine and New Hampshire could see snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches by Wednesday afternoon, capped off by rain and sleet in the evening.
      In northern New York, as much as a foot of snow was expected to accumulate Wednesday and more than 3 feet was expected by the week's end near the Great Lakes. Meteorologists urged residents to deflate blow-up Santas so gusty winds didn't sweep them away.
      Hundreds of flights were canceled at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago on Tuesday; all departures were canceled out of Cedar Rapids, Iowa; and only a few were scheduled at Des Moines International Airport. Several flights into and out of Reno-Tahoe International Airport were delayed or canceled.
      The storm drenched California with rain, blanketed the mountain West with snow and brought 100 mph winds to New Mexico earlier this week. It dumped more than 20 inches of snow over Flagstaff, Ariz. — more than four times the record of 5 inches set in 1956.
      Subzero wind chills were reported in Washington state, while heavy snow closed schools and government offices in Reno, Nev. Fierce wind brought down power lines in the Phoenix area and left four hospitals temporarily without power.
      At least five deaths were blamed on the weather, including an Arizona hunter who was killed Monday night when a large pine tree snapped and crushed him as he slept in a tent. The driver of a sport utility vehicle that plunged 90 feet off an icy road into the Texas Panhandle's Palo Duro Canyon also died.
      Heavy rain pounded some parts of the South with more than 4 inches reported in spots in New Orleans. A possible tornado was reported near Lake Pontchartrain, the National Weather Service said.
      Cold temperatures also were threatening California crops, where only about 10 percent to 15 percent of the navel and mandarin orange crops have been harvested, said Bob Blakely, director of industrial relations for the California Citrus Mutual.
      "We've got a lot on the line," Blakely said. "Both of them combined you're probably looking at over a billion dollars in fruit hanging out there on the trees."
    bubbles
    bubbles

Post by bubbles Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:13 am

God bless my friends!!!!!!
    Ian and I baked Cheistmas cookies last nite for our friends..can't afford to do more, but it is the thought..Ian in better mood, Pam and Ian r talking...about what, who knows, but the kid is in better mood, good for me!
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:46 pm

Whew! Made it home - thank YOU, Lord! Our home office in Madison, WI has 17 inches of snow! We have none on the ground, but the wind is blowing it everywhere! That wind is deadly! I'm happy to be home with my jammies on!
    Me
    Me

Post by Me Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Hope you are safe, Sue! You cape girls better be ready, it is coming your way! Oh, for the 80 degree weather and the humidity!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi Girls,

Wowy it was a fun ride home.. Took 15 minutes just to brush the snow off of the car, then deal with the ice underneath on the windows. Traffic was moving at a snails pace all the way home and most of the way I couldn't get out of 1st gear, as cars/trucks creeped along. A couple semi's couldn't get up hills from both directions, so lanes were down to 1 lane to get around them. What generally takes me 10 minutes to get home, took 50 minutes instead. I wasn't having any problems at all with new tires and 4 wheel, but others were having a lot of troubles.

It's supposed to get worse tonight and blizzard warning is supposed to last through tomorrow night. I was scheduled to get my hair cut after work tomorrow, so rescheduled it right when I got home. Not dealing with a hair cut during a blizzard.

Glad to hear you made it home safely too Linda!!! Hopefully the storm will miss the Cape girls and go north of them.
    bubbles
    bubbles

Post by bubbles Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Your first subject - Page 9 102788 Hay Linda and BB...we will not get the weather u two have....we have had lots of wind and rain and some flooding, but can be handled.....apparently next week another possible storm, and this time it may hit the Cape.

I cleaned, started laundry, food shop, got Christmas prex for my friend in rehab, and visited her. She had too low oxygen this morn, but is doing better by afternoon.

Got to think about dinner, and turn up the heat...so cold.....really cold tonite..oh ya, I hope Ribbon, Scout and Buck will be warm, and Dy goes back to work tonite, keeping fingers crossed she has an easy shift,AND SHE SLEEPS!!!

Mishy, how is ut where u r?.......

roar. roar....thats my stomach, off to pop some3thing in my mouth.....will try and come back!! Your first subject - Page 9 102788 Your first subject - Page 9 102788 Your first subject - Page 9 102788 Your first subject - Page 9 626625 Your first subject - Page 9 981533 Your first subject - Page 9 455140 Your first subject - Page 9 26881 Your first subject - Page 9 176351 Your first subject - Page 9 97248
    bubbles
    bubbles

Post by bubbles Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 pm

ripple wrote:Hi Girls,

Wowy it was a fun ride home.. Took 15 minutes just to brush the snow off of the car, then deal with the ice underneath on the windows. Traffic was moving at a snails pace all the way home and most of the way I couldn't get out of 1st gear, as cars/trucks creeped along. A couple semi's couldn't get up hills from both directions, so lanes were down to 1 lane to get around them. What generally takes me 10 minutes to get home, took 50 minutes instead. I wasn't having any problems at all with new tires and 4 wheel, but others were having a lot of troubles.

It's supposed to get worse tonight and blizzard warning is supposed to last through tomorrow night. I was scheduled to get my hair cut after work tomorrow, so rescheduled it right when I got home. Not dealing with a hair cut during a blizzard.

Glad to hear you made it home safely too Linda!!! Hopefully the storm will miss the Cape girls and go north of them.
    Wow......r u going to drive to work in the AM????? If so please, please be safe..we got tons of rain and wind, some flooding and man is it cold!! but nothing like u have geez..it is barely winter...yuck
    Splash
    Splash

Post by Splash Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Your first subject - Page 9 458434 hello dear friends...so sorry for not being here in several days....had a few things that needed attending too and Mom and I had an absolutely wonderful day yesterday....We went to Walmart and out to eat at a BBQ place....it was so good....We really had a memory making day...we shopped for 6 hours and looked at everything....The cookie baking will start prolly friday Mom and I have a great recipe for fruit cake cookies...not like the oohey goohey fruit cake but a soft cookie type.....going to make tacos tomorrow and spag for Friday.

Dale....I am so thankful that Ian is better and that him and Pam are talking....I wish we could make cookies together...I bet we would have flour and sprinkles everywhere...LOL....I miss you and your gentle ways....

Dy....hope things are going well for you Sugar....You are in my thots....I know the bittersweet feelings that you are having. I am here if you need to just chat....hope work is some better. Love you...miss you and your humor....

Sis...Mom and I are worried about you....we pray that you and your Mom are safe and warm....and that you got home safely from work. I almost feel quilty for sitting here with 80 degree temps and humidity....wish I could pump it up to you....love you and hope to chat later.

Linda....You are another one that Mom and I worry about in this bad weather....I wish it were the weekend so you didn't have to get out in this mess....We hope that your Sis is doing better and that your daughter is continueing to have a good pregancy....We love you and are still praying....Hugs!!!!

Mish....I am going to just steal Issac he is so precious.....I know you are so proud of him and Lyssie....they are beautiful and have the best manners....I miss you honey....I will be so glad when we all get back together and can chat some at night....Oh btw the brunswick stew was to die for.....it tasted so good to me.....and I thot about you....LOL...love to you and your family.

Jamie, BR...miss you guys a lot on here.....I hope all is well with you...love you both....

I know I haven't been here like Sue has but you are all always in my heart and I love you all very much. Your first subject - Page 9 645204 Your first subject - Page 9 156100 Your first subject - Page 9 204177
    bubbles
    bubbles

Post by bubbles Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:39 pm

Oh De honey..u made me chuckle, yup, we would make a hell of a mess, and nibble a bit too..And u r right..I could just hug that Isaac, he is sooooooocute!! I am so glad u and Dottie hAD SUCH A GOOD DAY!!!!! Miss and love the both of u!!!!!!
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi LB -
    Sounds like you had a busy day today!!! Good to hear that Ian is talking again.. I bet you two had a good time making cookies. Hope your keeping warm there... I will have to drive in the stuff tomorrow morning, unless they close down work and I don't expect that to happen.. Were supposed to get 5 -10", so much will depend on the road crews and if they can keep roads opened up. With the high winds and drifting, sometimes that is next to impossible. Love ya... Catch up with ya in a bit.
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi Sis -
    Good to hear you and Mom had a nice time shopping yesterday. I don't think I have shopped 6 hours total in over two months. I know right where things are at and in/out quickly. I bet it is nice having Jim back home and I am sure he is glad to be back there.. I would love to have some of your temps there right now and I will in about 5-6 months LOL. Hope you and Mom have a fun time making cookies on Friday. I can just see you two laughing and having a dough fight with Mabel sitting in her chair watching you two, ducking now n then and thinking "yep they lost it again". Hope you and Mom have a great day tomorrow and Friday..
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:50 pm

Me wrote:Whew! Made it home - thank YOU, Lord! Our home office in Madison, WI has 17 inches of snow! We have none on the ground, but the wind is blowing it everywhere! That wind is deadly! I'm happy to be home with my jammies on!

Hi Linda -
    So glad that Montey waited for you and got you home safely. It is nice to be home and out of that crud... Please be careful in the morning... Hopefully the storm will push away from you by the time your on your way home tomorrow... Be careful and stay safe!!! Were supposed to get more Lake effect snows as it moves through from Chicago, so will get much more accumulation than some because of that. If I can make it in to work, I'll be there and if I can't I won't. Will have to see what things are like in the morning and go from there. Stay warm tonight and be careful tomorrow. Love ya
    Splash
    Splash

Post by Splash Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:57 pm

bubbles wrote:Oh De honey..u made me chuckle, yup, we would make a hell of a mess, and nibble a bit too..And u r right..I could just hug that Isaac, he is sooooooocute!! I am so glad u and Dottie hAD SUCH A GOOD DAY!!!!! Miss and love the both of u!!!!!!

Oh Daley, Mom and I are going to make fruit cake cookies friday....they have wine in them...I will be waiting for you in the kitchen...I bet there will be no cookie making cause we will eat all the dough....LOL....I have to say that the sugar cookie dough is my fav....I start out with a lot of dough and then only have about 2 or 3 dozen cookies lol...
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Mica -

Hope your work shift is a smooth one tonight and you can get some sleep as well. I could never do that kind of shift again working at night. Stay safe and warm my friend. Love ya and will catch up with you one of these days.
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi Mish -

Hope you and the family are all doing well. I agree with De and Dale that Isaac is a little Gem!! You have very beautiful, well mannered kids that I am sure you are very proud of. I sure would be if I were in your shoes!! Hope everything is going well for you and hope to see you soon. Love ya Mish
    ripple
    ripple

Post by ripple Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Need to get some dinner, so will catch up with all of you later. Love you all Your first subject - Page 9 645204 Your first subject - Page 9 265778 Your first subject - Page 9 455140

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:14 am